<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5979935667042644518?origin\x3dhttps://kingofcarnies.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, July 4, 2010

hippies and hipsters and hummus, o mai @ 8:01 PM

Did'ja miss me?

YOU'D BETTER HAVE.

So I was in Portland, Oregon for a week with my best friend, Sarah Jane. I like her, because she's just right in every way- no fucked up family, no drugs, no sex.. you know, somebody my age with my interests and a generally great attitude?
She's photogenic and has an epic frowny face, too, so bonus points.

I was apprehensive about going to Portland for a whole week- I hardly knew her, with the only intel being that she's a Girl Scout and really, really likes Team Fortress 2. I was surprised, therefore, when her mother asked me to come and stay for such a long time.

I was so reluctant to go, at the end, though. Turns out Sarah Jane and I share all of our favorite bands, tops being Cage the Elephant and Gorillaz. Red Hot Chili Peppers is alright by her and loved by me, and the other way around with Cake. She has the greatest room ever, with the unfortunate exception of squeaky floorboards; not good for late-night dancing and arting. We painted and sketched a lot, and she even gave me a lot of helpful tips for my own artwork, which is spectacular. I feel better already, even though I haven't touched my sketchbook since I left.
We did a lot of stuff around town, too- I tried Bubble Tea for the first time, which was amazingly good and met some of the coolest folks ever- I got hugs!
From GUYS!

I HAVE NO GUY FRIENDS HERE (OR FRIENDS, REALLY)
SO IT WAS GREAT

And we went to the zoo and I wanted to hug the hippos for they are adorable and covered with thin hairs. I met her family, who don't eat sugar or butter or pretty much anything with more than 0.5 calories in it, but I gave their hummus a shot and it was pretty tasty. I'd had it before, but I just don't think a spread should have... chunks in it.

The weather was great, and so were the doughnuts at this awesome little hole-in-the-wall stop called VooDoo Doughnut. Their doughnuts are spectacular. So I experienced new things, tried my hand at canvas painting for the first time, heard knew stuff, bought a hat from a cute hippie named Julian and got to know my best friend a whole lot better.

I'll post pictures soon, my camera is dead, though.

about me||

OH GOSH where do i start. i am a sixteen year-old writer.

okay done.

i just love literature and art and spend lots of exhaustingly productive days reading sherlock holmes in the company of my excessively vocal kitten, perdita. this is my theme.
i have a plan for the zombie apocalypse. ask me about it.

this blog is IE, Firefox && Google Chrome-friendly


DUNNO||

this is an awkward blank space. tell me what you want me to put here P:.


weird music||


jumbled stuff||

mail me if you looove me
my super cool facebook
my not-as-cool myspace
my videos {would you believe kingofcarnies was taken?}
scribbles and junk


for weird people||

had to get rid of my cbox because it got spammed with phishing scams :(. You can send me messages elsewhere, though; don't forget how much i love you guys!

weirdos i love

click at your own risk.
Snozzberries?!?
The Hot Librarian
Best Week Ever

old stuff||

March 2010, April 2010, May 2010, June 2010, July 2010, August 2010, September 2010, October 2010,