So, I guess I'm the only kid my age that really likes Drake Bell.
Good opening, right? I get teased a lot for my music tastes- every band I like is either full of 35-45 year-old drug addicts or kids I grew up with; i.e., Drake Bell. I don't think he gets enough credit for what he does, and I think people still see him as Totally Kyle from the Amanda Show, or That Schmuck from Drake & Josh. I'll unabashedly admit that I own both of his albums, because I think that he has genuine talent, he's a fun, friendly guy and plus, he's totally friggin' adorable!
I think he's like, the cooler, more relaxed version of Zac Efron, with the advantage of breezing by the High School Musical hype and being loved by more than just ten year-olds. Not to say that Zac doesn't have older fans- I think he's good, too! Have you guys ever seen him in interviews? He's so humble, and he just has a darling smile. He takes his work very seriously, too, and I really admire that in the young ones- maybe I'm just a sucker for the cute boys from my middle school years ('cos you shouldn't get me started on Corbin Bleu).
Derailing from my defense of the teen stars, my other favorite bands are The Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Gorillaz and the White Stripes, with a little bit of Garbage floating around in the middle. Not so sickened now, are you? That's right, I have some cred. And I don't just like 'Snow' and 'Feel Good, Inc.'. Give me a little 'Hard to Concentrate', '19/2ooo' and 'Clint Eastwood' PUH-LEASE.
But the only reason I'm blogging about music
is because
my new favorite song
is
America, Fuck Yeah!.