<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5979935667042644518?origin\x3dhttps://kingofcarnies.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a little cartoon rant @ 8:53 PM

If there's one thing I find nauseating in this world, it's television shows with morals. Or, more correctly I might say, television shows with morals that clash with my own. Admit it- if you disagreed with the legalization of marijuana, you'd find it pretty tough to sit through the episode of Family Guy all about it.
Family Guy tends to moralize stuff a lot- I think they try to be very South Park about it, but they do it completely wrong. Where South Park has only ever tried to instill common sense into their viewers, Family Guy is as liberal as possible- pro-abortion, pro-dope, pro-Obama, pro-ethnic diversity, yadda yadda yadda.
They're political about it, and that's what ruins it for me. I never liked the show that much, anyway, it has the worst jokes of all time, and the characters are so unlikable it's frustrating. No wonder they were cancelled twice.
I'm not saying South Park is better- I'd never say that (although I certainly think it). But they don't foist political propaganda on me, and at least it's not shitty one-liner after shitty one-liner. They have, you know, plots. Which I don't think Family Guy knows how to write.

The only episode of Family Guy I like is the Fat Guy Strangler episode.
Because Robert Downey, Jr. is in it.

I also feel bad because Matt and Trey won't have anybody on their show- celebrities, you know? Because they don't want to have to be nice to them. You know, "Oh, I had soandso on my show, now I can't make fun of them". They want every door open, and it's stupid that celebrities can't make fun of themselves.

You know Kanye West is still pissed about the Gay Fish episode.

about me||

OH GOSH where do i start. i am a sixteen year-old writer.

okay done.

i just love literature and art and spend lots of exhaustingly productive days reading sherlock holmes in the company of my excessively vocal kitten, perdita. this is my theme.
i have a plan for the zombie apocalypse. ask me about it.

this blog is IE, Firefox && Google Chrome-friendly


DUNNO||

this is an awkward blank space. tell me what you want me to put here P:.


weird music||


jumbled stuff||

mail me if you looove me
my super cool facebook
my not-as-cool myspace
my videos {would you believe kingofcarnies was taken?}
scribbles and junk


for weird people||

had to get rid of my cbox because it got spammed with phishing scams :(. You can send me messages elsewhere, though; don't forget how much i love you guys!

weirdos i love

click at your own risk.
Snozzberries?!?
The Hot Librarian
Best Week Ever

old stuff||

March 2010, April 2010, May 2010, June 2010, July 2010, August 2010, September 2010, October 2010,