<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5979935667042644518?origin\x3dhttps://kingofcarnies.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, April 2, 2010

DERP @ 2:53 PM

I guess I would be stealing from some more worthy Holmes fanatic if I didn't dedicate at leastsome of this blog to Sherlock. Or mysteries, or oddities, or... something freakish that Sherlock Holmes would be a part of. So I thought I'd bring up the Sherlock Holmes Handbook; it's a fancy little pocket-sized book that contains all sorts of nifty details about Sherlock Holmes, as well as a helpful guide on how to fake one's death.




The author, Ransom Riggs, tends to do a lot of journalism and recounts of interesting or unusual events; rather like Watson, no? I carry a copy of his handbook everywhere, because you never know when you may have to disguise your appearance, leap from the face of a cliff or beat someone with a stick in just such a fashion. There are subsections for all of these in the book, under the Life Skills and Survival Skills sections, respectively; but it also talks about the art of tracing footprints, how to look for and identify fingerprints, decode cyphers, analyze typing, crack safes and keep bees! It's a super fun book, and I recommend it to any aspiring crime fighters, bee keepers, or geeky murder mystery writers like myself. I got my copy for fourteen bucks on sale at Borders Books & Music, but the printed price is 16.95. Not a cheap book, but I think it's definitely worth the money.


Aside from teaching you how to kick ass, it also covers the life and times of Sherlock Holmes throughout, as well as little European history lessons that pop up from time to time. It's a gem of a handbook, guys, really. :) Go get it!

about me||

OH GOSH where do i start. i am a sixteen year-old writer.

okay done.

i just love literature and art and spend lots of exhaustingly productive days reading sherlock holmes in the company of my excessively vocal kitten, perdita. this is my theme.
i have a plan for the zombie apocalypse. ask me about it.

this blog is IE, Firefox && Google Chrome-friendly


DUNNO||

this is an awkward blank space. tell me what you want me to put here P:.


weird music||


jumbled stuff||

mail me if you looove me
my super cool facebook
my not-as-cool myspace
my videos {would you believe kingofcarnies was taken?}
scribbles and junk


for weird people||

had to get rid of my cbox because it got spammed with phishing scams :(. You can send me messages elsewhere, though; don't forget how much i love you guys!

weirdos i love

click at your own risk.
Snozzberries?!?
The Hot Librarian
Best Week Ever

old stuff||

March 2010, April 2010, May 2010, June 2010, July 2010, August 2010, September 2010, October 2010,